Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

Urinalysis returned with wbc esterase +1 what does that

Customer Question

Urinalysis returned with wbc esterase +1 what does that mean
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No not yet not for 2 weeks take meds for fibromyaglia
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've had blood work done 2x with my ana coming back positive
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: Since October my foot is what started the problem it's swollen and causing me a lot of pain and no one can figure out why ??????
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today

WBC esterase is a urine test to look for white blood cells and other signs of infection. WBC esterase shows leukocytes ,WBC(white blood celles) in the urine.

WBCs in the urine may mean a urinary tract infection (UTI) is present.

So as your urinalysis came out with the wbc esterase +1 ,this may indicate mild urinary tract infection.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't mind paying $5.00 but no more than the $5.00 is to be billed to my credit card please
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Regarding any issues with fees/payment,you can contact the customer care.Surely your issues will be resolved.

Is there anything else that you would like to know regarding your report of urinalysiss, I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards