I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
This is likely to be muscle strain / rupture of muscle fibers.
The treatment entails;
1) Rest is the key; relative rest-that is, participation only in those activities that can be done without pain-is the key to initial management. One should avoid painful activity (which reproduce the discomfort or pain) for at least 1 to 2 weeks.
2) Mild stretching exercises
3) Ice compresses / ice massage
4) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil) can reduce inflammation and help manage pain.
5) Whirlpool, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, and ultrasound; done in physical therapy centers.
6) Local analgesic cream or spray.
1) Return to previous activity level should be a gradual process.
2) Exercises and physical therapy for improving muscle strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.