A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I just got my mri results trying to make sense of it. I had

Customer Question

Hi I just got my mri results trying to make sense of it.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I had a 32 pound metal rack hit my is swollen on the right upper and top. Yes, but my doctor was in a car accident this morning so I have my results but ugh... it says there is a slight heterogeneity of bone marrow signal, with no discrete bone contusion or focal region of bone marrow??
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Mild thinning of the articular cartlidge within the medial and lateral knee compartments without full thickness loss. There is focal thinning of mid patellar articular cartlidge with near full thickness loss. There is no suboptimal bone marrow change
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Happened Monday June the 13th
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

There is nothing to be concerned about in the MRI results. There are no lesions (just heterogenicity which is only slight and probably due to bone bruising). The other changes are normal age-related changes that would be expected in someone over 40. I know you are uncomfortable, but there is nothing to worry about.

Kind regards,