Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Swelling of temples when chewing and nervousness, No

Customer Question

Swelling of temples when chewing and nervousness
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries. It's only when I chew hard stuff and it's recent (like 1 day). I'm concerned because the last time I had this, I was critically low on sodium. Turns out I have an under active thyroid and am taking synthesis for that now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Thyroid disease and bad cholesterol a bit high...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Taking synthesis 125
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

It is normal that when you are anxious and tensed, you get headache when you chew or hear loud noices, and mild swelling of temples etc

A one day history of these cannot suggest any diagnosis

Thyroid, low sodium may be coincidental finding last time as both are unrelated to the swelling of temples

How ever I suggest to take a tablet of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol combination twice a day for 2 days

Do TSH levels once to see if thyroid is normal

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Request to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated. Any bonus appreciated

Best Regards