A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have done blood test in that my RNP was 1.8 and NA direct

Customer Question

HI I have done blood test in that my RNP was 1.8 and NA direct is positive abnormal .But i dont have any symtopms looks good
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: 6 months back
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: iam doing good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: my platlets and other things are very normal
Category: Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please give me a call on(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did i get the answer?
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

What issue are you dealing with? i.e. why was the testing done?

Please post the reference range for your lab for the results you had. Reference ranges will vary from lab to lab depending on the equipment they use.

By "NA" do you mean antinucleaer antibodies (ANA)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They mentioned the reference range is 0 to 0.9.i just went for normal health check up.
Yes ana means antinuclear antibodies
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Scared really
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they have used referal range is 0 to 0.9 and ANA means antinucleaer antibodies (ANA)?.But iam scared

It's unusual to run these tests unless someone is having symptoms.

I've included the protocol for connective tissue disorder testing. In general, an ANA greater than 3.0 and an RNP antibody test greater than 1.0 would indicate a mexed connective tissue disease. This protocol is designed to diagnose scleroderma vs lupus vs mixed connective tissue disorder vs Sjogren syndrome vs polymyositis.

Here is Mayo's discussion of mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD):

MCTD can be very mild so that there are few, if any, symptoms. Your provider who ordered the test will need to discuss the test results along with your clinical presentation with you. There are many treatments for this.

Kind regards,