How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 63941
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with my throat closing up and not being

Customer Question

I have a problem with my throat closing up and not being able to swallow until I throw up. I also have a lot of bubbles in the bile that comes back up . It doesn't happen all the time.
JA: Sorry that you're dealing with throat issues. Luckily, the doctors and specialists are on call 24/7 to get you answers and put you on the road to recovery
Customer: Do I have to pay for this?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 70 years old and take blood pressure and diuretic medication and have allergies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.


You need a test from your doctor.

It is called a modified barium swallow.

This is a sort of x ray that will show what is happening.

You might need a scope depending on that results of the test.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks I guess I'll just have to go to my own doctor.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.

You will need your doctor to order this test.

Please click a positive rating on the top of this page.

That is who we can provide this service as that is how we are paid by just answer.