Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I am having tingling sensations(itching) and it feels like

Customer Question

I am having tingling sensations(itching) and it feels like every strand of hair is moving on my body. Mostly, my legs but it varies and usually intensifies majorly when I lay down to sleep. There is no pain but it is driving me crazy and I am not able to get a good nights rest. I am not on anyone medications and this had been happening on and off for 6 months or so.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no swelling at all
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. I've never really had any allergies. My mom does have an auto immune disease so this worries me a bit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 5 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Your symptoms are highly suggestive of a condition known as restless leg syndrome.

Considering your family history, it would be beneficial for you to see a neurologist who can order the appropriate testing for you and prescribe medication as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.