Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have recurring gross blood in urine, I had a growth

Customer Question

I have recurring gross blood in urine, I had a growth removed that tested positive for cancer from my bladder six weeks ago, I continue to have blood in Urine and difficulty urinating.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: My health is good, I work out every day. I bled extensively after playing golf this weekend. I was looking to see other causes as I have of course had a full work up at my urologist so I was looking to see what he may have missed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No except that I also bled after sex. It seems to come and go
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

The blood in urine probably relates to your bladder.....as you had the recent growth removed it may be this area which could have developed an ulceration instead of healing as it should... There could be an AV malformation that developed ( artery grows directly to vein...these can expand and burst )

Any chemo as part of your treatment ???

Some treatments may inflame the bladder wall and cause slouching of tissue --- hemorrhagic cystitis ...

These are some possible causes

You need follow up without delay if you have active bleeding now ..

Risks to you could include excess blood loss and clots in the bladder which could block the outflow of urine ...

You may need irrigation of the bladder ...

You may need to go to ER if that is the most available option for you now...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD