A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Last year after a very bad inital outbreak of hsv 1 on my

Customer Question

Hello so last year after a very bad inital outbreak of hsv 1 on my genitals I recently had a pap and bloodwork. Pap came back normal and blood came back with elevated liver enzymes. The morning before the test I exercised and consumed a protein drink in addition to some vitamins would either of these things affect the exam
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: Health has been good overall and I dont drink
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

Can you post the numbers from your liver enzyme results?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont have the exact numbers my doctors office called to tell me to come back and re test in three weeks im just nervous and having questions now about possible answers

Thanks. That is the usual protocol when someone has higher than normal numbers. Nothing to worry about. Something as simple as being a little dehydrated can cause higher than normal enzymes. Excessive exercise can also increase levels, but it usually has to be truly excessive.

Fatty liver is the next most common cause of elevated liver enzymes after dehydration. The treatment for that is improved diet and exercise, along with weight loss is someone is overweight.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this. And please don't worry. One has to have highly elevated enzymes over a long period of time before it actually causes any liver damage.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also suffer from occasional hemmroids that I believe left behind a skin tag that has been present for months. It has no pain or itch. Internet says it could be warts but I dont have
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hpv. Sorry for all the questions im so worried I appreciate your help

No way to tell what the tag is without an exam. Sorry about that. Your gyn could have checked it out when you had the tag. If it was present at the time, she probably would have brought it to your attention. Even if it were a genital wart, the strains of HPV that cause warts are lower level risk. They aren't the high-risk ones that cause cervical cancer.

Best regards,