Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Pain in left nipple (I am a male) 4-6 weeks--doesn't hurt

Customer Question

pain in left nipple (I am a male) for last 4-6 weeks--doesn't hurt until you touch it
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 4-6 weeks--constant pain when you touch it--fairly sharp pain--doesn't seem to be in tissue, it is in nipple area--no redness, no swelling, no discharge, no fever
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: take medication for high cholesterol, med to lower BP, and blood thinner for stint
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

It may be case of Mastitis that is- inflammation of the breast tissue and will reduce with painkillers like advil or motrin. Yes, it would cause pain in nipple.

Usually this is not related with any serious issue.

If any signs of infection like redness, discharge or raised temperature appears, then see your doctor who can do a clinical examination and start on a course of antibiotics if there is infection.

At this time, I would advise you to start on anti inflammatory like advil and see for a week for any improvement.

Most likely, it would get resolve in one week.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK--I will--this is not a sign of something more serious like male breast cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Please don't worry, this is not related with cancer.

You should not panic for any serious issue. Such symptoms are quite common, and usually get resolve with anti inflammatory like advil.

Most likely in one week, you would be free from symptoms.

God bless you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh