Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Im 57 and my number is 387do i need testosterone therapy gel

Customer Question

im 57 and my number for testosterone is 387do i need testosterone therapy gel or patch
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

In general, the normal range of testosterone in males is about 270 to 1070 ng/dL with an average level of 679 ng/dL.

Your value of testosterone level of 387 is within normal range but is below average.

If you are having issues with low sexual desire,erectile dysfunction or other sexual disorder,you may need testosterone therapy.

Low testosterone levels in the body can be supplemented by hormone replacement with testosterone. Testosterone replacement therapy can be prescribed as an intramuscular injection usually given on a biweekly basis, as a patch or gel placed on the skin, or as putty that is applied to the gums of the mouth. Gum tablets or buccal medications are the newest form of testosterone replacement therapy. A tablet is placed between the gums & upper lip every 12 hours.

It is absorbed into the blood & is released slowly.

You need to make an appointment with your doctor who will prescribe the best form of medication for you accordingly considering various factors.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh