DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I leaned over today and felt sudden pain in lower back left

Customer Question

I leaned over today and felt sudden pain in lower back left side. Now my lower back mostly left is aching. It is painful to get up and down and walk, with some pain coming round my hip to pelvic area. Never done this before and need to recover quickly as I have a busy week ahead.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries. Took paracetemol and warm bath which havent helped much. Rest and lying still stops pain but it is there as soon as I get up. I have a lot of responsibilities and cant lie down very much.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My partner and I are doing IVF but I am between cycles and not pregnant.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like a slipped disc in the back. you need to go to the doctor.

In the mean time

anti inflammatory medication

do not further injure yourself.

You are justified in going to emergency.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here