Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My mother was on Copaxone but stopped last summer (she is 82

Customer Question

My mother was on Copaxone for years but stopped last summer (she is 82 yrs old) without telling anyone. This past winter she started having paranoid hallucinations where she thinks people are coming in her apartment. I'm trying to figure out if it could be related to quitting the med or her MS. Thank you
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I'm trying to get her into a neurologist but I just got her back up to Indiana from Florida sohave to wait for a new patient appointment. She did have a brain scan this winter like normal but she believes she is really seeing these things so she didn't tell the doctor down in Florida about it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She is only on a bladder med right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Hallucination is a known symptom of MS. So this may be due to it and stopping Copaxone. She may need to restart it; so you are right in seeking an appointment with the neurologist.

Please see the reference resource about the psychopathological symptoms in multiple sclerosis;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hope your mother is doing good.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Please consider a positive rating as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for time, work and expertise.