TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine.
13956133

By reading your information I am wondering if I have Hep C

Customer Question

By reading your information I am wondering if I have Hep C just received a 11.0 on a HCV AB w/Rflx to verification or if the Bacterial Vaginosis could be causing the test to be high. My thyroid is also very low .289. I have a nodule on my thyroid.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: This Bacterial Vaginosis is chronic, I get one every other month. The emergency told me it had something to do with my levels verses my boyfriend and eventually our levels would setting down. We both were tested when we first started dating a year ago and don't have a STD because we thought that mught have been the case. He was sexually active but he is the first relationship I have had in over 3 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 5 months ago.

Bacterial vaginosis would NOT cause the positive HCV antibody test

The next test is to see if you have active hepatitis- that is a separate test to check the "cviral load- if elevated you are actively infected, if undetectable, you cleared the infection

but the test shows you were very likely infected

I hope that helps

Please rate the reply

Does that answer your question?