A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have been bleeding heavily and a half weeks after sex

Customer Question

I have been bleeding heavily for 2 and a half weeks after sex starting 24 hours after the day of sex. I can't get in to see my doctor until July and am concerned.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes first time. I'm healthy I run every day my only medical issue is anemia .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Sex has always been painful for me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.

You need to see someone, even if your regular provider can't see you until next month. You can call a walk-in center, or go to Planned Parenthood or even the ER. Since you are anemic to begin with, heavy bleeding that lasts more than two or three days needs to be evaluated right away.

Please reply if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~