Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I just had a quick question....2 weeks ago I felt a slight

Customer Question

hi I just had a quick question....2 weeks ago I felt a slight sharp pain at the right side of my body next to my breast ..And I had worn a new bra which was actually tight....but a couple of days later I felt like an electric shock but its disappeared However I still feel like theres a slight burning sensation in that area?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: about 2 weeks other discomfort...not sure if a nerve got pinched?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no I'm in good health
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 4 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama,

It sounds like you did in fact pinch a nerve due to the tightness of the bra.

I would recommend icing the area for 20 min every hour for 5 hours/day x 1 week.

Take Motrin 400mg by mouth 3x/day as needed for the pain and to relieve the inflammation

If the burning sensation does not resolve in 2 weeks you may need to consider a consultation with a neurologist

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can help you with?