Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My wife has severe dizziness, vommitting and nausea. What to

Customer Question

My wife has severe dizziness, vommitting and nausea. What to do at home for this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

How many times has she vomited?

Does she have diarrhea?

Severe abdomen cramps? Fever?

Is she taking any medications?

Is she drowsy?

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear,

I can see that you are online, So i am posting answer.

Her symptoms could be related with Viral flu. Usually such symptoms are viral and self limiting in nature.

She can take OTC Daramine to control such episodes of nausea and vomiting.

For the time, she should take small amounts of clear liquids, such as electrolyte solutions. Other clear liquids such as water, ginger ale, or fruit juices will be helpful.

She should take a bland diet for the next 24 hours.

She can take Crackers, Boiled Chicken, Rice Breads .

She should stay away from anything spicy or flavorful such as salt, spices, fast foods, dairy products.

She should keep herself hydrated by drinking Gatorade. this will replace the electrolytes she is losing with the vomiting.

If you notice fever, Blood in stool, any sign of dehydration then consult her doctor.

Signs of dehydration are-
Dry mouth, sunken eyes, low urine output, lethargic.
If you notice any of these signs, or develops fever, see her doctor immediately.

Also if she have been vomiting blood or having bloody or black bowel movements ,they are not normal, and emergency care should be accessed.

In case, if the symptoms are severe, and doesn't get relieved in next 10-12 hours then you should rush her to ER.

Doctor may give you intravenous fluids.
Good luck and take care.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh