Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Type 2 diabetic. I take insulin in the morning every day,

Customer Question

I am A type 2 diabetic. I take insulin in the morning every day, Meta Forman in the evening. I have been working out on a treadmill every day. Today I worked out, mowed the yard, and my sugar was 207. What do I do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I need to go see my doctor again, we have been working on this together, but I haven't been to see him , I need to set an appointment. I am very a hard worker at what I do, and I am very active, but I'm about 40 pounds over weight. I'm taking Lantus SoloStar for my insulin 14mg once a day, Exforge for my blood pressure,Pioglitazone, Simvastatin, and Metformin.
JA: Sounds like you have some questions about your blood pressure. Luckily, the doctors and specialists are on call 24/7 to get you the answers you need to stay healthy.
Customer: Blood Pressure has been a little high in the mornings, and regular at the end of the day.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, up till the last two years I have been really healthy, and I'm doing a lot of activity now. I know I need to lose some weight, I don't over eat. I think the weight may be caused by the medication, any way I have a great doctor, and I'll be seeing him soon, and I think we will just start over. Complete physical, blood work, the whole thing. Thanks for talking to me, I just wonder why nothing seems to be changing?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
It is likely that you will need an adjustment of your doses of Insulin.
If Metformin is in low dose, it can be increased too.
As you are working out & the diet is good, the sugar level would come down with medicines.
A further lowering of body weight would help.
You can consult a dietitian too.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.