A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

My globulin level is 3.7 : I had some blood work done on my

Customer Question

my globulin level is 3.7
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had some blood work done on my normal chechup
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: this is my first time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my creatinine level is1.2 and my bun level is 19.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Unless your lab reference ranges are unusual, those levels are just barely outside of "normal." Of course, 1/3 of the population is outside of the reference range.

Globulins are proteins in the blood. At my lab albumin is usually 3.5-5 and globulin 2.3-3.5. Having a level of 3.7 isn't that unusul. The most that would be done is to check again in 8-12 weeks.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Kind regards,