DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have had a plugged ear four months (left side). I can feel

Customer Question

I have had a plugged ear for about four months (left side). I can feel the fluid move around. I have also had a congested sinus (upper back, left) for about the same time. I have allergies and asthma. I take singulair, flonase, BID for years and have been taking Claritin DS for 2 months. About 2 months ago, i finished a course of Augmentin x10 day for the "sinus infection". My ears were clear of wax via ear wax removal tx prior to the Augmentin. My left ear is still plugged with fluid that i can feel move when i turn my head. My left sinus still expells yellow, blood tinged (small amount) drainage. Is this just bad allergy or worse?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Believe it or not, my asthma has not been as bad as it has been in the past. I have not needed my rescue inhaler in the past 2 months.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do not smoke. But most of my family (that i live with) do. I work indoors in an office environment. I went on a cruise to Alaska in the beginning of May, however i had the congestion prior. Funny; my ears felt the best on the plane = almost clear.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.

Hello

You need an ENT exam.

It could be chronic fluid behind the drum.

This would need to be drained.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/