Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Day 4 on bactrim and its clearing up, but my back is sore

Customer Question

Day 4 on bactrim for UTI and its clearing up, but my back is sore and I still feel sickly, like wiped out. I'm on humira for Crohns, but I'm just wondering if this is normal? Could it just be the bactrim causing all this?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started the day after I started bactrim. I've tried shower which helps a little and ibprofen but it still aches.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Only that I'm on humira which I inject every other two weeks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Note: they did a culture to make sure bactrim would work before prescribing it, it was done at the ER in the lab so I'm suposively on the right medication.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you have any fever?

Given your immunocompromised status, there is risk of kidney infection or pyleonephritis.

Bactrim does not help with kidney infection as it does not concentrate well in the kidneys.

Hence you will need to see your doctor again or go to the ER for further evaluation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: