Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have pain in my R groin area. This causes me to not enjoy

Customer Question

I have pain in my R groin area. This causes me to not enjoy walking as that aggravates the issue. What could I do for this? This winter I did have a spiral fracture of my L femur, would this have anything to do with it. I am 79 yrs. old and want to get out and exercise. I go to the gym and walk for an hour every am. Is this ok? I have a min-pin (2yrs) and walk him so I walk 3-4 miles a day. It is not fun.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: For 2 months.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Right groin pain aggravated by walking sounds to me MOST LIKELY to relate to your right hip joint. I advise that you follow up with an orhopedic specialist for this . Their physical exam can probably determine if pain is from the joint vs other causes. It may be arthritis of hip joint or other causes possible....

You may benefit from an anti-inflammatory regimen such as Aleve 1 tablet twice a day with food ( no problems with ulcers/ gastritis/ history of GI bleed / chronic kidney disease)

Supportive tests such as xrays are likely to be helpful to the diagnosis of your case ....

Not directly linked to prior fracture of left femur BUT possible that strain / altered gait in recovery might have some relationship...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD