DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

What can I put on these blood spots on my forearms to make

Customer Question

What can I put on these blood spots on my forearms to make them go away
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: My health is good and they get worse the older I get I am 69 and these issues started about a year ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I drink alcohol I don't smoke I had some kidney problems about 6 months ago but fine now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

First of all you need to see if there is an underlying cause.

Usually it is thinning of skin with age, however, it can be a platelet function problem, excessive capillary fragility, or even a bleeding disorder.

So you need to see your doctor.

Ageing skin needs to stay out of the sun, and to stay moist.

In addition exercise and good nutrition is paramount.

Two small studies have shown a positive effect on fragile capillaries taking grape seed extract.

You can try this in conjunction with your doctors care.

Glad to look at a picture if you attach it here.

Good luck.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/