Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I haven't been feeling well, yesterdays labs showed platelet

Customer Question

Hi, I haven't been feeling well, yesterdays labs showed platelet count of 489 and lymphocyte of 20, is this important?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Well, lately I was sick with abdominal cramps diharrea and feeling awful.It's too long of a story but for the last 5 years numerous providors seem to think there is something wrong with my immune system, one even mentioned I could use "Dr House"I get skin infections very easily and generally sick pretty often.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I was diagnosed with mrsa twice in 2011 and ever since any little cit or sore is likely to get infected
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: also my kidney function has been decreasing, it is 65 now but last year dropped to 47
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 11 months ago.

Lymphocytes usually constitute 20 to 40% of all white blood cells in the bloodstream.

So i do think this is totally normal.

As far as platelet count is concerned Normal range is usually upto 450.

Thrombocytosis is a disorder in which your body produces too many platelets.

Probably most CBC reports are done on automated hematology analyers and probably your report should be checked manually by a pathologist to confirm the platelet count.

Causes of high platelet count may include

Inflammation in body

Exercise

Allergy

Vitamin deficiency

Infections

Iron deficiency

Basically in your case a manual peripheral blood film should be checked and reported by a pathologist as well apart from automated report from analyser.

I hope this helps

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

How are you?
May I help you more?
Waiting for your reply.
Good wishes for your health.
Thanks.