Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

Am having throat pain while sneezing and yawning especially

Customer Question

hi,am having throat pain while sneezing and yawning especially on left side,my ENT HAS TAKEN NECK SCANNING AND ALL BUT DIDNT FIND ANYTHING,WHAT SHOULD BE THE PROBLEM
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you have a cough?
Customer: ITS NOW 4 MONTHS
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

gastritis is most commonly caused by excessive stomach acid, which can come up at night time and burn the back of your throat at night time when you sleep

this can cause pain when sneezing and yawning in your throat.

if you sleep on your left side, stomach acid can sit there on your throat on the left side all night

you may need stronger stomach acid blockers to decrease stomach acid

you may need to change your diet to avoid foods which worsen stomach acid like fatty foods, spicy foods, tomato sauces, alcohol, beer, fired foods, large meals.

you should be checked for hiatal hernia which can cause worse stomach acid reflux as well.

let me know if you have questions.