DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine at Self employed
61885400

I'm on a trip in Montreal and after having a nice dinner

Customer Question

I'm on a trip in Montreal and after having a nice dinner started diarrhea the next morning and now I am on the 3rd day of it. Going to pharmacy today
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Feel cramping in stomach and then urge to go which I do. Afraid to be away from toilet. And now afraid to eat because just want it to stop.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomit, sometimes nausea, but not a lot , tired too.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No fever, nothing else just cramping and diarrhea
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 5 months ago.

Ho there,

I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you with your question.

It happens now and then that a gastrointestinal infection stays a little bit longer. That depends o the underlying virus or bacteria.

Most important is diet, so please stick to tea, white bread and water. Not more until you are better!You will get Loperamide in your pharmacy and may take it unless you have no underlying bowel conditions.

Please see you doctor when you experience fever, mucous or blood on your stools. Go there also when you still are not better after 24 hours with diet.

Good luck!