Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I had a stroke after having a colonoscop. Think there was a

Customer Question

I had a stroke after having a colonoscop. Think there was a connection?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: It happened at the v.a. Hospital in Nashville. From there they rushed me to the civilian hospital practally right next door. The doctors there went in through a blood vessel in my brain all the way up to my brain and removed the clot. I still have some impairment, but if not for the doctors at vanderbilt it would have been much worse.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My health is improving, no thanks to the v.a. Medical system. I am taking care of it myself. Very careful what I eat. Almost totally vegan. No sugar, no white flour, etc. lots of fruits and veggies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

There is no relation between a stroke and a colonoscopy.

It is an unfortunate coincidence.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards