Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My ALT is 44. I eat only whole foods,am grain free year,

Customer Question

My ALT is 44. I eat only whole foods,am grain free for a year, have reversed diabetes and metabolic syndrome. I do use coconut oil in my coffee and olive oil in my pureed salads daily. My BMI Is normal after losing 60 pound. Should I be concerned?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am on luvox, and alprazolam and drink two glasses of wine every Friday and Saturday. I do feel as though I may have hypothyroism but can't seem to a physician to agree. I am very cold sensitive and tired and lost the outer third of my eyebrows six years ago.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No. I do have Burning mouth Syndome. Yesterday for the first time Ihad low blood pressure. 78 over 58. It has normalized.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

ALT reference levels may vary between labs.

For many of them they are 7 - 56 usually.

Your level is not worrying.

Still you can avoid wine as it can affect your liver.

If you have not yet consulted an endocrinologist for your thyroid, you can have one.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.