Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have developed sensations like bubbles popping/twitching

Customer Question

Hi i have developed sensations like bubbles popping/twitching in my body, primarily my legs. I have had it for the last week. Happens when the muscles are at rest. I had some in my thighs for a few weeks after walking, then they developed in my calves and arms and hands. I am 25 years old, female. I also have felt like my legs are heavy for the last 6 months and have had periods of pain in my toes.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: no. Moving the muscles makes it better
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Did you try any measure or consult doctor?

Did you have any recent or significant past illness?

Do you take any regular medicine?

How are your weight & height?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have yet to consult a doctor. My last blood tests were all fine, although I have I just had a general blood count no other tests. I had lymes disease around 6 years ago. No regular medicine. My height is 5"5 and I am around 165lb (74KG)
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,

This can be due to a few possibilities. The symptoms can be muscle spasm. Deficiency of calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium- vitamins, dehydration etc. are the major factors. Poor circulation, neuropathy, hormonal imbalance can cause muscle spasm. It can also be present in diabetes, hypothyroid state. You may try some home measures- Tylenol or Motrin can be taken. Please take plenty of fluid, fruits, vegetables. Regular exercise or a walk daily to keep you active but do not over stress yourself. Stretching or gentle massage can also be helpful. Avoid coffee, alcohol, tobacco etc, if you take any. In mild cases, those measures help to get rid of it. As it is going on for a while, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor. I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. Regards.