Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Any suggestions to get a piece of baked chicken down been

Customer Question

Any suggestions for how to get a piece of baked chicken down been stuck and throwing up for hours?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My husband was eating dinner at 8 tonight with baked chicken and veggies he has a hiatal hernia but rarely has a flare up. He feels it is stuck. He has had a tums and zofran
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Drinking / gulping plenty of fluids is the key here. Maalox also can help him. Sometimes food may not be stuck but because of severe acid reflux associated with the hiatal hernia can give rise to sudden sensation of food stuck in the chest. He may need to go to emergency room if the vomiting is continuous to get an urgent upper GI endoscopy done.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.