Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have an enlarged lymphnode in the mesentery root that

Customer Question

hello, I have an enlarged lymphnode in the mesentery root that shrunk 3 months ago. Had a CT SCan with contrast where it showed the lymphnode has enlarge .6. It cannot be biopsied because of where its located. the last bloodwork I had for markers came back negative. Can lymphnodes shrink then come grow again and be cancer? thank you, jackie
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: My general health is great. I have stage 1 breast cancer last August. This April, mammogram showed normal. Yeah! Been dealing with enlarged lymphnode since last year to a few months ago. I have had a colonoscopy, small bowel tests, upper gi all came back negative for cancer.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I drink a lot of beer on the weekends
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

A cancerous lymph node is rare to shrink and grow back. With your all work up including markers, upper GI, colonoscopy etc being normal; the lymph node is unlikely to be cancer. Lymph nodes enlarge for non specific inflammation. So it is not likely to be worrisome. Your doctor may get PET scan to be double sure.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.