Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had the diarrhea ad yesterday and all through the night..

Customer Question

Hello.. I had the diarrhea ad yesterday and all through the night.. I had some oatmeal and was able to get a can of ginger ale down from yesterday till this morning.. I felt better.. But I went to the bathroom three times and there is blood in my urine.. I wasn't sure what end it was coming out but this last time I went potty and was only a few cripples and wiped and it was blood In the toilet and on the toilet paper.. I am try to get liquids into me.. I have been drinking Gatorade.. What should I do..thank you.. Linda Bodell..
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: I feel a little light headed and dizzy also..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.. That is it.. Although we had a family gathering this weekend And some of my family got sick also.. But they were throwing up..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Blood in toilet paper suggests bleeding from the internal hemorrhoid.

Frequent stool passage can irritate the hemorrhoid causing bleeding.

You can try over the counter Imodium ( loperamide) tablets to stop the diarrhea.

In case of viral infection, this will stop and your symptoms will disappear in next 2-3 days.

You will need to drink lot of Gatorade as it will replace the electrolytes lost --reason for your dizziness.

If you do have persistent blood and also fever with diarrhea by next 2 days, you should see your doctor to rule out bacterial infection.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/