DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Have silver dollar size knot on inside of arm just above

Customer Question

Have silver dollar size knot on inside of arm just above elbow. Come on very quickly and out of no where. Any thoughts.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately? Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Health ok. Work at desk but do not use this arm. It has a big lump in arm. Very tender and has almost a stinging feeling
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 6 months ago.

Hi

Please attach a picture here

If you injured the arm, or felt something pop while using it, a bicepts tendon rupture.

If it is round and protrudes, more likely a sebaceous cyst. These have to be removed to really go away.

The back of the elbow would be a bursitis.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/