DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

What is gurds and how do I fight it, Im trying to get off

Customer Question

what is gurds and how do I fight it, Im trying to get off nexium or pills like it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 4 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama,

GERD is GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease which is essentially an overproduction of stomach acid.

It can be triggered by caffeine, spicy, fatty foods, chocolate, oranges, lemon and tomatoes.

I would eliminate those from your diet and drink plenty of water along with not eating 3 hours before sleep.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 months ago.

If this is an osteopath, and if the osteopath does 100% of his/her practice hands on, then it is very likely you would benefit over time.

This is a gentle manipulation to get muscle and nerve working correctly.

Part of the problem in FM is the nerve signal to the brain.

Fixing the stresses in the cranium can affect the brain for the better.

In fact, you have very good osteopaths in Canada.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here