Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

You are a legit Doctor? : I did IUI on May 22nd. On

Customer Question

You are a legit Doctor?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I did IUI on May 22nd. On Thursday, June 2nd I thought I got my period circa 8:00am but it was pinkish/brown, and just a spot and nothing more came all day. That night around 8:00pm I had awful cramps and light spotting. I've had light spotting since (now on day 6). Most days it's pink/brown, some times it's was bright pink and one day almost black- but always light...much lighter than my normal period. I'm not on any fertility meds. I was having aversions to foods and smells but the last time I experienced that was 4 days ago. I also took a pregnancy test 3 days ago which was negative. I can't go see my doctor because we are on vacation in Italy. How does this add up to you? Is it normal to have a light period after a failed IUI?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: My periods are regular in that they are always consistent in flow but my cycle varies between 24 and 30 days.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No pain. I felt like I was having all these pregnancy signs before but I've felt totally normal the last few days (i.e. After the bad cramping subsided).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn.
When you had IUI did the physician do an ultrasound to see if you were ovulating or a blood test to measure LH?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to get him to the hospital for full neurological workup

he needs a brain MRI scan and to see a neurologist.

he could have a mass in his brain affecting his behavior

he could be developing dementia or mental status changes from a medical problem.

you have to tell his doctors what is going on with him and they need to order tests for him like a brain MRI scan and have him see neurology and psychiatry.

this can be done with him admitted to the hospital

you can call an ambulance to bring him to the ER for immediate evaluation by doctors at the hospital

do you have a hospital or ER close to you where he can go?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that's how they knew I was surging.

This is Dr. David

This is dr Manos again. I think there is a mixup technically but with your pregnancy test negative you may not have had a period yet but may start flowing soon. Neg preg test would eliminate concern for an ectopic preg.
I take it the pregnancy test is of the urine variety which should be positive by now.
Your cycles have a variability that make it hard to expect how a failed IUI would present.