DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Is silvadene cream prescription only or can it be purchased

Customer Question

is silvadene cream prescription only or can it be purchased over the counter
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: my boyfriend's calf area was ran over by a motorcycle no bone broken but is now developing blood blisters and i believe eschar
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: his health has been fine
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: he has broken bones in his foot, ankle and heel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

It is prescription.

And it is only used after the sound is attended to and cleaned surgically.

He needs to have this looked at at this point.

For example, what you describe could be MRSA, a staph bug that should be treated properly, including wound debridement if needed.

Take him to urgent care.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/