Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I fell a week ago at work and I'm having extreme burning and

Customer Question

I fell a week ago at work and I'm having extreme burning and pain in my left buttock. No bruises. Also experiencing spasms.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: I fell on Sunday and symptoms started three days later after the fall
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Pain in left buttocks. My buttocks feels like its on fire. And pain does down my left leg. Difficult getting up from sitting position and walking.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

The pain that you describe -- burning quality -- sounds like a nerve impingment cause...

Pain radiating to buttock and down leg seems consistent with nerve impingment too...

Also the symptom of getting up and walking ...

It sounds that you .likely injured back with your fall ...

I would recommend that you follow up with your doctor to get checked

I think symptoms may be improved some for you to take an anti-inflammatory medicine such as Aleve or ADVIL with food .....

Evaluation and follow up are recommended to you for this history of fall and nerve related symptoms ...

Rest / avoid prolonged sitting especially in very tight position such as car .../ avoid bending / lifting for now

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help

If you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD