Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have severe stomach pain every 5 minutes that has lasted 2

Customer Question

I have severe stomach pain every 5 minutes that has lasted 2 days. First day was with diarrhea and gas. Now just pain and gurgling. It's not localized, more general , right in the middle of my stomach. I'm not sure how much more pain I can take. Should I see the Dr?
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: 48 hours. No vomiting, a little nausea from the pain.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

The symptoms you are having of severe abdominal pain every 5 minutes since last 2 days along with diarrhea on first day can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.

Most commonly this is due to viral infection & symptoms may last from 3-5 days.

Take tab.Acetaminophen for relief from this pain in abdomen & cramps.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in pain relief.

If still after this,the pain persists,then you need to see your doctor.

Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets relieved with this.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh