Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have severe stomach pain every 5 minutes that has lasted 2

Customer Question

I have severe stomach pain every 5 minutes that has lasted 2 days. First day was with diarrhea and gas. Now just pain and gurgling. It's not localized, more general , right in the middle of my stomach. I'm not sure how much more pain I can take. Should I see the Dr?
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: 48 hours. No vomiting, a little nausea from the pain.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

The symptoms you are having of severe abdominal pain every 5 minutes since last 2 days along with diarrhea on first day can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.

Most commonly this is due to viral infection & symptoms may last from 3-5 days.

Take tab.Acetaminophen for relief from this pain in abdomen & cramps.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in pain relief.

If still after this,the pain persists,then you need to see your doctor.

Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets relieved with this.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards