Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

My right tonsil and ear hurts : Nope. I have had a sore

Customer Question

Hello. My right tonsil and ear hurts
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Nope. I have had a sore throat and cough with phlegm for the past 3 weeks
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: But the pain in the tonsil and ear on the right side just started today
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I took a round of antibiotics a couple of weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Have you taken antibiotics for sore throat couple of weeks ago?

Do you still have throat infection?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in right tonsil & ear is suggestive that your infection from throat has traveled upto the ear via eustachian tube(a connection between middle ear & back of nose).

The sore throat & phlegm you are having since last 3 weeks can be due to bacterial infection and now spreading upto tonsils & ear.

A throat swab test is very much required for the confirmation of exact diagnosis.

Take tab.sudafed(oral decongestant tablet).Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.Another round of antibiotics may be required accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards