A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

My nose bled when I thre up : threw : Every time I eat

Customer Question

hello my nose bled when I thre up
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: threw
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Every time I eat Terryaki meat here in the hummid hot, my nose is dry and I can't stand to digest that spice and then I can't breathe easy so I was breathing in a Kleenex box, I felt better but then my nose bled and I threw up in the Kleenex box
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Difficulty breathing or vomiting can cause nose bleed, especially if the nose is sensitized already. On a regular basis you can use saline nasal spray to keep the interior of your nose hydrated. Capillaries are very close to the surface inside the nose, so it doesn't take much to make them bleed. Sometimes just a tiny sneeze is enough.

Since you know that spicy foods are difficult for you to digest, you may want to avoid them in the future.

You can lean your head back and pinch your nostrils for about 10 minutes to stop blood flow. Don't blow your nose for the next couple of hours. You can start the saline before bed tonight.

Please respond if you want to discuss this further.

Kind regards,