Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

I accidentally took one of my dogs thyro tabs....I am on

Customer Question

Hello, I accidentally took one of my dogs thyro tabs....I am on thyroid medication and obviously without thinking I reached in and took his instead of mine!!! HELP
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: They are thyro tabs 0.8 mg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No, just that I was suppose to take my synthroid... Half of a 75 mg tablet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

your synthroid is 75 mcg or micrograms, not milligrams.

75 mcg is 0.075 mg

your dogs pills are .8 mg milligrams

you should let your doctor know you took your dog's thyroid hormone pills.

most likely your doctor will tell you not to take your thyroid hormone pills for about 10 days and then resume them like normal.

you will be completely fine.

thyroid hormone is a slow acting hormone and changes to your thyroid hormone levels don't act quickly.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

do you have any other questions?