Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

My feet are red, though all I've been doing is sitting, and

Customer Question

My feet are red, though all I've been doing is sitting, and I have a persistent red rash on my lower legs in the ankle area. Nothing itches or burns, but this is a new symptom and I'd like some insight into what is causing this.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am very overweight but not diabetic.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 4 months ago.

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Venous insufficiency,Stasis dermatitis,Hives,Autoimmune disorder.

Poor blood circulation in legs due to prolonged hours of sitting can be triggering factor.

You shouldn't ignore it and see your family doctor for a clinical exam and further investigations like color doppler study,blood work should be done accordingly.

If you feel warmth,tenderness on affected sites then see your doctor ASAP.

Elevate and exercise your legs.

Take breaks of walking while doing work.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
We are here to serve you until you satisfy.
It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.