Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I had a Synvisc-One injection early in March. Since then, my

Customer Question

Hi, I had a Synvisc-One injection early in March. Since then, my blood sugar which was usually in the 120's has been consistently in the high 130' and even into the 140's. I've "cleaned up my act" with regard to food, but it's not going down. I'm currently taking a 1000 mg tab of Metformin daily. Could this injection affect this rise? Thanks
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. I exercise 3 times a week at a Fitness Center, and, as I said, I'm trying to make better choices with food (difficult as I'm a junk food junkie).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 4 months ago.

It can slightly raise blood sugar levels however for few days not for prolonged period of time like months.

You should check your Hba1c levels checked out.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
We are here to serve you until you satisfy.
It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.

I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.
Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.