I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
Following is the word meaning:
Mild disc space narrowing of L5-S1. The disc acts as a shock absorbent between the two vertebral bone. The height of it has been lost slightly. This comes with the age and due to bad posture.
Severe narrowing of C5-C6 disc space with associated endplate sclerosis The fifth and sixth (there are seven in total) neck vertebra have severe narrowing of the disc in between them. This has caused bone rubbing against each other and thus there is irregularity off the margins.
and reactive osteophytes minimal narrowing of C6-C6 disc space grade 1 retrolisthesis of C5 over C6 patent neural foraminas The friction between the bones causes formation of the new bones termed osteophytes. There is slipping on one vertebra over the other backwardly termed retrolisthesiasis.
Following measures would be helpful;
1) Neck care in the activities of daily living.
a) No working on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch. Same for TV.
b) Monitors and televisions exactly in front (180 degrees).
c) Contour pillow: Should fill the hollow when lying on back or straight. Available over the counter.
2) Cervical Collar or Brace
3) Cervical traction
4) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen
5) Some physicians do give oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases, in whom pain / numbness / tingling is quite significant.
6) Physical therapy: gradually increasing exercises from passive stretching to active against resistance regime.
7) Electrotherapy in the form of TENS, interferential and laser and ultrasound.
8) Hot fomentation
9) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
You can consult following specialists;
c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.