Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My name is josiane can i ask please if u can read my test

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** i ask please if u can read my test redults
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Mild disc space narrowing of L5-S1. Severe narrowing of C5-C6 disc space with associated endplate sclerosis and reactive osteophytes minimal narrowing of C6-C6 disc space grade 1 retrolisthesis of C5 over C6 patent neural foraminas
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have dyspkasia coxo femoral in the right hip
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Following is the word meaning:

Mild disc space narrowing of L5-S1. The disc acts as a shock absorbent between the two vertebral bone. The height of it has been lost slightly. This comes with the age and due to bad posture.

Severe narrowing of C5-C6 disc space with associated endplate sclerosis The fifth and sixth (there are seven in total) neck vertebra have severe narrowing of the disc in between them. This has caused bone rubbing against each other and thus there is irregularity off the margins.

and reactive osteophytes minimal narrowing of C6-C6 disc space grade 1 retrolisthesis of C5 over C6 patent neural foraminas The friction between the bones causes formation of the new bones termed osteophytes. There is slipping on one vertebra over the other backwardly termed retrolisthesiasis.

Following measures would be helpful;

1) Neck care in the activities of daily living.

a) No working on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch. Same for TV.

b) Monitors and televisions exactly in front (180 degrees).

c) Contour pillow: Should fill the hollow when lying on back or straight. Available over the counter.

2) Cervical Collar or Brace

3) Cervical traction

4) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen

5) Some physicians do give oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases, in whom pain / numbness / tingling is quite significant.

6) Physical therapy: gradually increasing exercises from passive stretching to active against resistance regime.

7) Electrotherapy in the form of TENS, interferential and laser and ultrasound.

8) Hot fomentation

9) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

You can consult following specialists;

a) Orthopedist

b) Neurologist

c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/