Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Same question as on your website What does this mean and

Customer Question

Same question as on your website What does this mean and what are the causes: M
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Same question as on your website. What does this mean? "Multiple organisms present, each less than 10,000 CFu/Ml. These organisms, commonly found on external genitalia are consider to e colonizers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Female, Age 65, Recent breast cancer surgery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

In a culture test, bacterial organisms are grown. They grow as colony. If the colony contain less than 10,000 bacteria per colony; this is considered as insignificant growth of the colony and it does not need treatment. Usually in a culture test, a single big colony is grown which warrants a course of antibiotics. If the multiple colonies of the multiple bacteria are grown (less than ten thousand); in all likelihood these are bacteria which normally also live around external genitalia and do not cause any significant symptoms (as there number is ***** small and they are called as normal commensals).

So your culture test is negative for the infection. Your doctor need to look for some other cause for your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/