Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I was bit or stung in my garden in Minnesota yesterday when

Customer Question

I was bit or stung in my garden in Minnesota yesterday when my leg was on the ground, or I had some reaction to something that I was touching on the ground. I didn't notice anything until all of a sudden there was searing pain in my leg, like a knife going into my leg. I jumped up and didn't see anything on the ground (no insect) and on my leg I saw some small darker lines on my skin (maybe nettles?) and surrounding that some swelling. I immediately washed off the dirt and then iced it as the pain was constant. It hurt all night and then started to itch. I have tried not to scratch as it is still quite painful and now today the painful area has become quite large and raised and it is hard underneath. When I walk it is hurting my muscle. I don't know what this is or what I should do to help it heal. I would so appreciate some advice! Lisa
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 4 months ago.

As per your description,it can be contact allergic reaction or insect bite. you should try some self care remedies until you see your doctor.

Take OTC Advil and Zyrtec.

Also clean the site with antiseptic solution and apply Polysporin ointment with hydrocortisone.

Elevate your leg.

Apply cool compresses if the site is warm and tender to touch.

See your doctor for a clinical exam if your swelling is getting worse.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
We are here to serve you until you satisfy.
It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated if you satisfied with our conversation.

How are you?
May I help you more?
Waiting for your reply.