Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I HAD LAPROSCOPIC GALL BLADD REMOVAL SIX DAYS AGO WITH ONLY

Customer Question

I HAD LAPROSCOPIC GALL BLADD REMOVAL SIX DAYS AGO WITH ONLY SORENESS IN THE UMBILICAN INCISION. STARTING A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, I HAVE BEEN RUNNING A LOW GRADE TEMP, AROUND 100 TO 100.4 AND SOME DISCOMFORT IN RIGHT SIDE AND BACK, NOT ENOUGHT TO TAKE PAIN MED WHICH I HAVE NOT TAKEN AT ALL. I HAVE BEEN EATING LIGHT TRYING TO LIMIT ANY FAT, ETC. I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME LIGHT HOUSEWORK TO KEEP MOVING AND PICKED UP MY 11 POUND DOG A FEW TIMES. ALL OF THE INCISIONS LOOK CLEAN, NO DRAINAGE AND NOT REDNESS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE SURGEON TOMORROW. SHOULD I TAKE A MEDICINE THAT HE GAVE ME WHICH HAD CODEINE TYPE MED OR ASPIRIN FOR THE TEMP?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today

Thanks for your question.

Please take acetaminophen / tylenol for the fever. This should also take care of the discomfort in the side and back. All of these may be due to picking up the dog (though he is not heavy). I do not see anything significant at this point of time. Mild grade fever may be due tissue inflammation. If your fever rises or any new symptoms arrive; than you may call your doctor's office.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Let me know, if I can do anything further for you.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are credited and compensated for the time and expertise.

Thank you.