How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 64015
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My cycle has came regularly this month but when i have sex i

Customer Question

My cycle has came regularly this month but when i have sex i am bleeding heavy after, its not everytime but has happen at least twice and i don't understand but very scared. Can you please help me understand what's wrong with my body?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are you on any medication?

Certain medications can increase the risk of bleeding.

Another common cause is hormonal imbalances.

Excessive estrogen activities cause bleeding tendencies from the cervix and uterus lining.

This can happen time to time without any abnormalities.

Another possibility can be benign tumors --cervical polyps, or uterine fibroid tumors can cause heavy bleeding from sex or during periods.

Another possibility can be bacterial infection in the vagina or cervix --usually cause pain, fever, foul smelling discharge so unlikely.

If your bleeding persists more than 2 weeks, you should see your doctor for further evaluation.

Medroxyprogesterone acetate can be used to stop the bleeding in that case if no other problem found.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.


This indicates a uterine or vaginal problem.

There is no point to wait on this, it is a change, and you need to see your doctor.

Even if the bleeding comes and goes, you need to be checked.

Do that.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me, Dr. Thomas, anytime for correct answers.

Please click a positive rating.