Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I am interested in a functionally equivalent hypertension

Customer Question

I am interested in a functionally equivalent hypertension medication for Tribenzor? I am slowly going broke paying $ 270.00/month for this medication.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Previously taking Lisinopril/HCTZ and amlodipine with blood pressure normal. I don't know why they changed the medication. I do have asthma and COPD. Maybe he was worried about the associated ACE inhibitor cough
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My insurance, which I pay $10,000/yr premiums does not include this medication on its formulary.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello !

Your medication of Tribenzor is simply a combination of 3 medicines in one ...your doctor probably gets samples and thinks it to be convenient for you to only take one pill a day rather than three ..

Equivalent to this would be

Norvasc ( = amlodapine)

PLUS Benicar (= olmasartan ) this last one is an ARB similar to an ACE but no cough side effects

Your medication can be redone to reduce your expense ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD