A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have really bad diarrhoea and stomach pain : Past three

Customer Question

Hi I have really bad diarrhoea and stomach pain
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Past three days have bad stomach pain, and literally as soon as I replacing fluids with water and also eating it passes straight through me
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No apart from that healthy, but pain is so bad I have a fever with it and just really not well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Not on any other meds
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so bad! Since this has gone on for 3 days, you need to see a medical provider. With the immediate diarrhea, you may need IV fluids. With typical viral gastroenteritis, you don't have that much pain, just diarrhea and nausea with a little fever (under 101 degrees).

It's best to drink sips of Gatorade or other electrolyte replacement fluid, alternating with broth (beef, chicken, vegetable). Sometimes as little as 2 ounces will trigger nausea and diarrhea but frequent sips often will not. If you choose to eat, you should limit it to small, frequent amounts of plain toast, applesauce, boiled potato or white rice, and small bites of banana.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

Expert:  sam-cssm replied 6 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/health/9q6x0-really-bad-diarrhoea-stomach-pain.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

Did you need additional medical information? If so, please reply with an questions or concerns.

Thanks,

NP Schuyler

~